Visalia police arrest two more in double murder
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives are still looking for suspects in a double homicide from 18 days ago. Visalia police announced Tuesday that they have a second pair of suspect in custody.
So far police have four people in jail charged with both murders. And the progress in the case is both good and bad news for the victims' neighbors.
Visalia police say all four suspects played a role in the two murders that took place at this home nearly three weeks ago.
"It's been an ongoing investigation, in fact, it's continuing at this time. And, we're still looking at the possibility that there may be more individuals involved," said Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez.
That news is what's frightening to neighbors in the northwest Visalia community. None wanted to do an on-camera interview with Action News. Many told us they are surprised to hear that four or more people had something to do with the murders.
Investigators say 28-year-old Betssy Huerta was arrested in Visalia. And 22-year-old Olivia Solorzano was arrested somewhere in the Bay Area.
"We have the two original suspects who were arrested the day after this happened but I believe Betssy Huerta was arrested on the 15th and Olivia was arrested on the 23rd," Dominguez said.
The other two suspects, Adrian Castillon and Reyes Garcia, appeared in court on the murder charges just days after police say the group killed 58-year-old Jerry Murillo and his 59-year-old girlfriend Marie Rogers.
"We still don't know exactly what their relationship was between the victims and the four suspects," Sgt. Dominguez said. "We are sure there was either an indirect or direct link between the victims and the suspects."
No one living in the neighborhood recognized the two latest suspects. They just hope police make all the necessary arrests soon. Police are still holding back many details in this case like how the victims were killed, or why they were targeted.
visalia, tulare county, crimetracker, murder, local, rick montanez
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies 48 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos