Fresno grandfather wins $650,000 in California Lottery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Retired auto mechanic John Nieblas spent a buck on a California Lucky for Life Scratchers ticket and came up a big winner.
According to California Lottery officials, Nieblas had the winning ticket for nearly two weeks before turning it in.
"I didn't know what to think. So I had to wait and have both my grandson and my son look at (the winning ticket) to tell me it was real. And when they told me it's true, I jumped up and yelled!" said Nieblas, with a big laugh.
Nieblas purchased his winning ticket at Family Express on Butler Avenue at Cedar Avenue. Lottery officials said Nieblas plans to use the winnings to open his own auto repair shop. "It's still hard to believe to this day that it's true."
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, lottery, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 2 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident