Shooting in Porterville impacts nearby businesses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people died today in a shooting outside a busy shopping center in Porterville.
Police were able to get a hold of the situation, but the aftermath left many customers shaken.
"I lived in for 40 years, and it's the first time that I see this," said witness George Geronimo.
A portion of Henderson was closed, and part of the parking lot in front of Office Max taped off as investigators gathered evidence.
"Anytime there's a shooting, we're concerned, when a shooting takes place in a public place, such as in front of a business during normal business hours, obviously that's a tremendous concern," Lt. John Hall with Porterville Police Department.
And the street closure slowed down a lot of business in the area for several hours.
The situation was worse for workers at the Quick Stop Food Mart located right in front of the crash scene. Because of the road closure customers were not able to drive in for at least 4 hours.
"Its 10:30 to 2 o clock, there's no customers. I cannot go home because I cannot drive over there," said Bhanu Patel from one of the impacted business.
Despite the inconvenience some experienced customers still kept shopping and going about their daily business.
shooting, porterville, homicide, local, carlos saucedo
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 2 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 54 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
21 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
7 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
57 min ago