Shooting in Porterville impacts nearby businesses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people died today in a shooting outside a busy shopping center in Porterville.
Police were able to get a hold of the situation, but the aftermath left many customers shaken.
"I lived in for 40 years, and it's the first time that I see this," said witness George Geronimo.
A portion of Henderson was closed, and part of the parking lot in front of Office Max taped off as investigators gathered evidence.
"Anytime there's a shooting, we're concerned, when a shooting takes place in a public place, such as in front of a business during normal business hours, obviously that's a tremendous concern," Lt. John Hall with Porterville Police Department.
And the street closure slowed down a lot of business in the area for several hours.
The situation was worse for workers at the Quick Stop Food Mart located right in front of the crash scene. Because of the road closure customers were not able to drive in for at least 4 hours.
"Its 10:30 to 2 o clock, there's no customers. I cannot go home because I cannot drive over there," said Bhanu Patel from one of the impacted business.
Despite the inconvenience some experienced customers still kept shopping and going about their daily business.
shooting, porterville, homicide, local, carlos saucedo
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 1 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Accuweather Forecast
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos