Madera County Battery thieves caught on camera
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thieves caught on camera stealing, of all things, the battery to an automatic gate opener.
"We just put it in within the last couple weeks," said Stephanie Howell. "It's not even finished being installed."
Surveillance pictures Howell says were captured on her camera mounted above the gate. She found Sunday pictures of two men eyeing her property. In one photo it appears the man in the coveralls is trying to push the gate open.
"And then one gentleman comes up and over where the battery is, while the other one gets in the truck, turns it around and backs it up," Howell said. "And then you see our battery in the back of their truck."
The battery she says weighs about 160 pounds. Its value is probably over a hundred dollars but the worst part of this crime is not replacing the stolen item. Howell says it's the feeling of being violated.
"It's really frustrating," Howell said. "I don't know why people think that they're welcome to take whatever they want, just because they see it and don't think they'll get caught I guess."
Now she's hoping the clear pictures will help catch the two men. Neighbors are already keeping an eye out for their two-toned older model Ford F-150.
"Just getting the word out to a few friends, they're all on the lookout for this truck. It's a pretty identifiable truck, being dark brown with a white top," Howell said.
The Howells won't replace the stolen battery with a new one until her husband builds a secure cage to house it. And she says after seeing these pictures of the burglary more cameras will soon help keep watch over her property.
madera, madera county, theft, local, rick montanez
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 37 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 27 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
28 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos