Man accused of shooting outside Porterville Office Max arraigned
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man suspected in a deadly shooting outside a Porterville Office Max was arraigned Tuesday afternoon.
Kamhen Saleh was charged with two counts of murder. Saleh pleaded not guilty for both counts of murder. Authorities say the man shot and killed Adam Verdusco and Omar Calderon last Friday while the men were allegedly breaking into a car parked outside the store.
Porterville detectives say the car belonged to Saleh. They believe Saleh saw the men stealing tens of thousands of dollars in cash from a backpack in his car. Officers say the suspect carried such a large amount of cash, because his family owned several check cashing businesses in town.
porterville, murder, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos