Merced coffee shop takes provocative approach to attract customers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new coffee shop in the North Valley is using a provocative approach to attract customers.
The Double Shot Espresso is billing itself as a "bikini coffee shop." It is located directly across the street from Golden Valley High School in Merced.
The sign on the coffee shop resembles a woman's chest and the young women who work there wear bikinis, lingerie, or other skimpy clothing. The 19-year-old assistant store manager says she is not worried about anyone judging her or the shop.
"It's what I want to do so people shouldn't worry about it. If they don't like it they don't have to come here. The only people we're worried about is maybe the parents at the school, but I think if they come over here and talk to us they'll realize there's nothing really wrong with it," the assistant manager said.
Double Shot Espresso is a drive through or walk-up coffee shop. It just opened last week, and the employees say so far they have received a positive reaction from customers.
merced, merced county, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty 57 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car 43 min ago
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos