Merced coffee shop takes provocative approach to attract customers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new coffee shop in the North Valley is using a provocative approach to attract customers.
The Double Shot Espresso is billing itself as a "bikini coffee shop." It is located directly across the street from Golden Valley High School in Merced.
The sign on the coffee shop resembles a woman's chest and the young women who work there wear bikinis, lingerie, or other skimpy clothing. The 19-year-old assistant store manager says she is not worried about anyone judging her or the shop.
"It's what I want to do so people shouldn't worry about it. If they don't like it they don't have to come here. The only people we're worried about is maybe the parents at the school, but I think if they come over here and talk to us they'll realize there's nothing really wrong with it," the assistant manager said.
Double Shot Espresso is a drive through or walk-up coffee shop. It just opened last week, and the employees say so far they have received a positive reaction from customers.
merced, merced county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos