Overturned big rig closes HWY 99 near Delano
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Northbound Highway 99 was closed north of Delano due to an overturned big rig for much of the day on Wednesday.
The accident has been cleared and Highway 99 is now open in both directions.
The crash caused a major backup on northbound Highway 99 as traffic was diverted off the freeway on a 5 mile detour using Avenue 24.
Authorities said the overturned truck was carrying some kind of hazardous material. HAZMAT crews had to unload the truck before it could be turned upright and removed from the roadway.
Authorities said the driver of the truck was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. There is no word on what caused the accident.
delano, earlimart, tulare county, accident, hazmat, local, gaby rodriguez
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 38 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
15 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
37 min ago