Overturned big rig closes HWY 99 near Delano
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Northbound Highway 99 was closed north of Delano due to an overturned big rig for much of the day on Wednesday.
The accident has been cleared and Highway 99 is now open in both directions.
The crash caused a major backup on northbound Highway 99 as traffic was diverted off the freeway on a 5 mile detour using Avenue 24.
Authorities said the overturned truck was carrying some kind of hazardous material. HAZMAT crews had to unload the truck before it could be turned upright and removed from the roadway.
Authorities said the driver of the truck was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. There is no word on what caused the accident.
delano, earlimart, tulare county, accident, hazmat, local, gaby rodriguez
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation 19 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos