Braided Ramps Project to wrap up in December
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Braided Ramps Project is in its 13th month of construction. The hope is to improve commutes for hundreds of Valley residents.
With schools going back into session, traffic volume is expected to increase. But there is good news, Pat Hinterberge, the project's assistant manager says they are now entering the final phase of the project.
"Right now we are working on putting in the final pavement for the north side of the project next week we will start the south side. This will be the final pavement that traffic will be driving over," Hinterberger said.
Hinterberger says the logistics of the project have not been easy to execute, besides extensive planning, there is plenty of congestion and frequent changes in the traffic pattern.
"When the original highway was built this was a plan but funds and traffic volumes didn't warrant putting this type of interchange in until now," Hinterberger said.
The new ramp is meant to eliminate last minute decision making when you are traveling on Highway 168 and plan to transition onto 180 or 41.
Mean time drivers can expect to continue to see changes in the construction zone with traffic being allowed onto the new ramps in phases.
"Pay attention watch for signs, the signs will tell you where to go and what's happening," Hinterberger said.
Construction is scheduled to wrap up in December 2013 just in time for the holiday rush.
fresno, fresno county, traffic, local, gaby rodriguez
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting 38 min ago
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers 29 min ago
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting 12 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Easter Brunch recipe
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos