Huron murder suspect arrested at Mexico border
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County Murder suspect is in jail after being on the run for more than a year.
Investigators say 20-year-old Nicolas Alcala was arrested as he tried to walk across the border between Tijuana and San Diego. He was wanted for his role in the murder of Pedro Aispuro.
Detectives say Alcala shot and killed Aispuro during a confrontation in Huron, in June 2012.
Customs and Border Protection officers arrested Alcala at the border this weekend after checking his arrest record. He is now at the Fresno County Jail.
huron, fresno county, san diego, mexico, murder, shooting, local
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 22 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 23 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 52 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed