22-year-old Coalinga man killed in Hanford hit and run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pedestrian is left dead on the road as law enforcement's search for a young man's killer after an early morning and run accident.
A Coalinga family is desperate for answers after a strange hit and run that left a 22-year-old man dead. The accident happened early Sunday morning near 10th and Home Avenues in Hanford. The 22-year-old was hit crossing a street on a semi-rural road that cars often zip through.
There's no crosswalks, and Highway Patrol officers say there's very poor lighting at night. Investigators said they spoke to people on scene Sunday morning, but no one that saw the accident.
"Just that they had seen a young man earlier walking near the line, the roadway edge line. Somebody else came up after the scene and just saw the body lying in the scene and did not see any other vehicles in the area," said Michael Krahn, California Highway Patrol.
Flores was crossing the street headed east. The truck was headed north and never stopped. CHP investigators said a security camera outside a corner store caught a dark colored pick-up leaving the scene, and they are asking the public to keep their eyes peeled for it. "If you see a dark colored Dodge pick up with damage to the right front, possibly with damage to the windshield, notify the California Highway Patrol," said Krahn.
The CHP said many hit and run cases are never solved. But Matthew Flores' family hopes that this one is, so they can have justice for their son.
Matthew Flores' family issued the following statement
"During this tragic time we would like to thank everyone for their kind words & support. we ask if anyone has any information, no matter how minor the details, to please come forward. There is an empty place in our hearts that will never be filled. Matthew will be missed & will never be forgotten. Please help us in making sure justice is served. We love you Matthew. Rest in peace."
hanford, kings county, hit and run, accident, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos