Wildfire in Oakhurst burns 20 acres
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters in Oakhurst spent several hours on Sunday battling a fire near John West Road and Westview Drive.
The fire broke out about 1:30 Sunday afternoon and was threatening several homes at one point.
About 150 firefighters were battling the flames -- which were fueled by heavy brush in the area. The fire scorched about twenty acres before crews were able to put it out.
The CHP closed down Road 426 at John West Road while crews fought the flames. No structures were damaged. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
oakhurst, madera county, fire, widlfire, local
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 3 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos