Man finds thousands in cash at Visalia DMV; returns it
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia Police and a Tulare County man are thanking a Good Samaritan for returning thousands in lost cash.
Brecks Reeves from Exeter was at the DMV in Visalia when he said he found an envelope with $6,900 in cash in it. It had been dropped in the parking lot of the DMV.
Visalia Police said the man handed it over to a DMV employee who later gave it to police. The next day, the man who lost the money came forward and was relieved to find the Good Samaritan had safely gave the envelope full of cash to authorities.
Reeves said he and the person who owned the cash got together on Tuesday, and treated him to lunch.
exeter, visalia, tulare county, local
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 1 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east 30 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite