Police: Fresno apartment explosion caused by marijuana processing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are assessing the damage Wednesday morning, after an explosion inside a Northwest Fresno apartment.
It happened shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday night at the Colonia Del Sol Apartments on Barstow near Blackstone. Police say the tenants were processing marijuana when the explosion happened.
The explosion shattered windows and sent debris into the parking lot. Two people inside the apartment were taken to Community Regional Medical Center with serious burns to their legs.
It's unclear if any charges will be filed.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, explosion, marijuana, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos