Police: Fresno apartment explosion caused by marijuana processing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are assessing the damage Wednesday morning, after an explosion inside a Northwest Fresno apartment.
It happened shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday night at the Colonia Del Sol Apartments on Barstow near Blackstone. Police say the tenants were processing marijuana when the explosion happened.
The explosion shattered windows and sent debris into the parking lot. Two people inside the apartment were taken to Community Regional Medical Center with serious burns to their legs.
It's unclear if any charges will be filed.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, explosion, marijuana, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 45 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 5 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 31 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free