Fresno ID theft suspects arrested after chase; fiery crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies arrested two suspected identity thieves after a chase through Fresno and Fowler.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said the pursuit started about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at Van Ness and Rialto in the Old Fig Garden area of Fresno.
Deputies said they saw three suspicious people a vehicle. When they tried to approach the car, the driver sped off leading deputies on a 25 minute chase from Old Fig Garden area, to Fowler, and then back to Southeast Fresno.
Deputies said the three suspects left the car in drive and fled on foot at an apartment complex on the southeast corner of Argyle and Tulare Street. The car then rolled into three parked cars and the engine caught fire. One of the deputies used his patrol car to push the burning car into the middle of the roadway to prevent the other vehicles from catching fire.
Deputies say they found mail, and washed checks in the car that included addresses from throughout Fresno and the Old Fig Garden area.
Marquez was arrested on charges of felony evading, reckless driving, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property, possession of burglary tools, forgery, and a parole warrant. Trevino was arrested on charges of resisting arrest.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fresno southeast, fowler, high speed chase, local, gaby rodriguez
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95