Hanford men accused of attempted kidnapping, sexual assault, and robbery
PRESS RELEASE (KFSN) -- On Sunday, August, 11th the Hanford Police Department dispatch received a call stating that a female was screaming in the alleyway just south of the Opera House.
Officers were dispatched to the area and upon arriving found a female victim lying on the ground. After speaking with the female it was determined that she was the victim of an attempted kidnapping, sexual assault, and robbery.
The victim reported that as she was walking down the alleyway, just south of the 100 block of West Seventh St, she was approached by a Hispanic male suspect who asked her if she needed a ride.
The female victim continued walking away but the male suspect followed her. A red car was following close behind them with the passenger side door open. The male suspect then placed his arm around the victim's waist and pulled her towards the open door of the vehicle.
The victim was able to get away from the suspect and fled down the alley. The suspect was able to catch up to the victim and cornered her in a small corridor where he proceeded to beat her up and then sexually assault her.
After the assault, the suspect grabbed the victim's purse and cell phone and fled back to the waiting vehicle in the alleyway. The vehicle then fled the scene.
After a thorough investigation, the suspect vehicle was located in the 1100 block of Harris St as well as the driver of the vehicle, Hernan Sandoval.
The investigation then led officers to an address in the 1000 block of Carmel Ct where the suspect, Alberto Rodriguez, fled from officers.
Rodriguez was apprehended after a short foot chase. Both suspects were later booked at the Kings County Jail on multiple charges and are being held with no bail.
crimetracker, sex crimes, hanford, kings county, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy 57 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about