Law enforcement steps up DUI enforcement
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Local and state law enforcement are stepping up their efforts to crackdown on drunk driving.
It's part of the nationwide campaign called "Drive Sober Or Get Pulled Over."
From mid-August through Labor Day, police, sheriff and CHP officials will be out in force as part of the annual nationwide "Drive Sober Or Get Pulled Over" crackdown on drunk driving.
The crackdown, which will include high-visibility enforcement throughout Fresno and counties, will run from August 16 through September 2, 2013. The effective nationwide drunk driving crackdown will include high-visibility enforcement, high-profile events, and will be supported by national paid advertising, creating a comprehensive campaign to curb drunk driving in August and through the labor day holiday weekend.
The "Avoid 21" DUI task force will be aggressively looking for drunk drivers during the crackdown and will arrest anyone caught driving drunk. Plans are in place for DUI/drivers license checkpoints, a multi-agency strike team, local roving DUI saturation patrols, a dui warrant/probation sweep and a DUI court sting targeting suspended drivers who were ordered by the judge not to drive.
Although it is illegal with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher far too many people across the nation get behind the wheel after consuming too much alcohol; the latest statistics from the national highway traffic safety administration underscore the serious nature of the nation's continuing drunk driving epidemic.
dui, local, amanda venegas
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 4 min ago
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 42 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 17 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 25 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos