Visalia CHP officer killed in Las Vegas carjacking
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Las Vegas Police say 33-year-old CHP officer Jesus Magdaleno was killed Sunday morning and 27-year-old Felix Cruz was seriously injured.
Investigators say the two men were loading the bed of a pickup truck when James Montgomery jumped into the driver's seat. Montgomery drove for three miles with the men in the back of the truck, then he crashed into an SUV.
Magdaleno and Cruz were thrown from the truck. Action News has confirmed that Jesus Magdaleno was a Visalia CHP officer. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Cruz is being treated at a Las Vegas hospital.
Montgomery told officers he did not remember what happened prior to the crash. He is now facing charges including kidnapping and carjacking.
visalia, tulare county, las vegas, carjacking, california highway patrol, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy