Lighting strike knocks out power to 100,000+
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Southern California Edison is working to restore power to nearly 20-thousand customers in the South Valley following Monday night's storms.
Initially, the power was out to more than 100-thousand SCE customers in Tulare County and Kings County after lightning hit this sub-station, just outside Visalia on Road 148 and Caldwell, catching it on fire.
Crews worked through the night getting the lights back on, but officials say some widespread damage remains to be fixed.
The City of Visalia is also working to repair damage from the storm and they're warning drivers to be careful. Over 70 traffic lights throughout the city were knocked out late Tuesday morning
Crews are expected to work all day Tuesday to get them working again
local, rick montanez
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos