Lighting strike knocks out power to 100,000+
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Southern California Edison is working to restore power to nearly 20-thousand customers in the South Valley following Monday night's storms.
Initially, the power was out to more than 100-thousand SCE customers in Tulare County and Kings County after lightning hit this sub-station, just outside Visalia on Road 148 and Caldwell, catching it on fire.
Crews worked through the night getting the lights back on, but officials say some widespread damage remains to be fixed.
The City of Visalia is also working to repair damage from the storm and they're warning drivers to be careful. Over 70 traffic lights throughout the city were knocked out late Tuesday morning
Crews are expected to work all day Tuesday to get them working again
local, rick montanez
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about