Second Las Vegas carjacking victim dies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A second victim has died in a Las Vegas car-jacking that killed a Visalia CHP officer.
Officer Jesus Magdaleno, 33, died Sunday in Las Vegas. Now family members say his brother-in-law, 31-year-old Brandon Cruz, was taken off life support Monday night. Cruz is also from Visalia.
Police say the suspect, James Montgomery, stole the truck the two were loading outside a Las Vegas casino. Both ended up riding for several miles in the truck bed before Montgomery ran a red light and crashed. Both Magdaleno and Cruz were thrown from the truck.
Montgomery is now facing murder, auto theft, and kidnapping charges.
visalia, tulare county, las vegas, carjacking, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2 41 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30 46 min ago
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos