Second Las Vegas carjacking victim dies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A second victim has died in a Las Vegas car-jacking that killed a Visalia CHP officer.
Officer Jesus Magdaleno, 33, died Sunday in Las Vegas. Now family members say his brother-in-law, 31-year-old Brandon Cruz, was taken off life support Monday night. Cruz is also from Visalia.
Police say the suspect, James Montgomery, stole the truck the two were loading outside a Las Vegas casino. Both ended up riding for several miles in the truck bed before Montgomery ran a red light and crashed. Both Magdaleno and Cruz were thrown from the truck.
Montgomery is now facing murder, auto theft, and kidnapping charges.
visalia, tulare county, las vegas, carjacking, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe