Deadly crash closes Floral Ave near HWY 41
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A school bus and two cars were involved in a crash on Floral Avenue at Elm Avenue.
An early morning crash involving two cars and a school bus turned fatal. No kids were on the bus at the time of the collision.
The crash occurred just before 6 a.m. on Floral Avenue and Elm Avenue in Fresno County. The California Highway Patrol says at this time it appears the driver of a white car went through the stop sign, collided with a car and then hit the school bus.
The driver of the white car died at the scene. The two people inside the car were taken to a local hospital for their injuries. The school bus driver had minor injuries.
A spokesman for First Student said the bus driver was just getting ready to pick up students when the crash occurred. The bus was eventually headed to Kerman to the Southerland Center.
Authorities have not released the names of victims or identified the deceased male driver, pending family notification. Investigators say it appears the man was headed to work when the fatal crash occurred.
fresno county, accident, local, amanda venegas
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos