Deadly crash closes Floral Ave near HWY 41
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A school bus and two cars were involved in a crash on Floral Avenue at Elm Avenue.
An early morning crash involving two cars and a school bus turned fatal. No kids were on the bus at the time of the collision.
The crash occurred just before 6 a.m. on Floral Avenue and Elm Avenue in Fresno County. The California Highway Patrol says at this time it appears the driver of a white car went through the stop sign, collided with a car and then hit the school bus.
The driver of the white car died at the scene. The two people inside the car were taken to a local hospital for their injuries. The school bus driver had minor injuries.
A spokesman for First Student said the bus driver was just getting ready to pick up students when the crash occurred. The bus was eventually headed to Kerman to the Southerland Center.
Authorities have not released the names of victims or identified the deceased male driver, pending family notification. Investigators say it appears the man was headed to work when the fatal crash occurred.
fresno county, accident, local, amanda venegas
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals