Las Vegas CHP hold procession for fallen Visalia officer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia CHP Officer Jesus Magdaleno was killed in a carjacking incident in Las Vegas on Sunday morning.
The carjacking suspect has been identified as 29-year-old James Montgomery. Investigators said he is still hospitalized after he allegedly stole a Ford pickup at a Las Vegas casino and was later struck by another car.
Visalia CHP Officer Jesus Magdaleno, 33, was in the bed of the truck at the time and died when he was thrown from the vehicle during the crash. Brandon Cruz, 31, was also thrown from the truck. Cruz was taken off life support on Monday night.
Law enforcement and rescue vehicles took part in a solemn procession surrounding a white van that carried officer Magdaleno's body to the coroner's office in Las Vegas on Monday.
Montgomery is charged with murder, kidnapping and auto theft.
tulare county, visalia, las vegas, carjacking, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall 9 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe 36 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 3 min ago
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...