Kidnapping, murder case unfolds in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have arrested two people they say went on a weeklong crime spree. Margaret Alanis, 23, and Anthony Nunez, 41, are facing multiple charges including murder and kidnapping.
WARNING: This footage contains material that some viewers may find disturbing due to explicit language and/or the graphic nature of the material.
Homicide investigators discovered the body of a man in a crawl space Thursday morning at a home near McKenzie and Mariposa.
For more than 24 hours police have been at the home and officers say what happened inside is a string of disturbing crimes including torture and murder.
At a house filled with kids toys outside, Fresno police say a woman was tied up and tortured. Raped, and then had a burning chemical dumped on her face and body.
The phone call to report a sexual assault came Wednesday morning after investigators say the victim was set free with major injuries from being stabbed, and beaten too.
Wednesday night, the house where police say so many crimes took place, was secured. Officers got a search warrant then carefully picked through the inside of the home and also a small basement where a man's body was discovered.
Officers believe the unidentified man was killed in a separate confrontation inside the house several days ago.
Neighbors said the family who lives in the home has only rented it for a few months. Investigators say the renters and their children have been staying somewhere else the past week while their house was overrun by criminals.
Officers say Margaret Alanis and Anthony Munoz are being held for murder, mayhem kidnapping, and false imprisonment.
Watch the video for extended coverage from Action News reporter Sontaya Rose.
crimetracker, kidnapping, murder, fresno, fresno central, local, sontaya rose
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say 54 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State 34 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.