Two Fresno men arrested in Humboldt Co. for fatal Aug. 14 stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two murder suspects from Fresno have been caught in Northern California. Police say Brandon Forrest, 25, and Samuel Whitmore, 30, stabbed Michael Tunnel to death on Aug. 14th.
Surveillance video captured the crime outside Ewell's Place in Central Fresno. The surveillance video shows a fight that ends with the 31-year-old victim collapsing on the sidewalk.
Investigators say a game warden in Humboldt County stopped the two suspects for fishing without a license. The warden then realized they were wanted for murder and arrested them. Saturday friends and family of the victim held a car wash to raise money for his funeral expenses.
"If anyone knew "Tun", they knew he was an amazing person. He would give the shirt off his back for anyone, what happened to him was the most horrible thing that could happen to anyone," Linda Rendino a friend from Forbidden Tattoo said.
The two suspects in Tunnel's murder were booked into the Fresno County Jail early Saturday morning.
fresno, crimetracker, fresno central, fresno county, murder, stabbing, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos