CHP Officer Jesus Magdaleno remembered in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Law enforcement officers, family and friends are remembering CHP Officer Jesus Magdaleno.
Tuesday morning several California Highway Patrol officers brought Magdaleno's body into the Visalia First Assembly of God church for his funeral.
Magdaleno and his brother-in-law were killed during a car-jacking and crash in Las Vegas while they were celebrating his bachelor party. Magdaleno was set to be married next month.
Tuesday, friends and family told said Magdaleno was a generous and helpful person. After the ceremony, Officer Magdaleno will be laid to rest at the Visalia Cemetery.
"I want him to be remembered for who he was and now how he died because it's just too painful. He really was just an overall good guy, you could trust with your newborn baby," said Stephanie Lopez, friend.
"We're honored to be able to be here and help support his family and the community," said Laurie Bisch, Las Vegas Metro Police Department.
visalia, tulare county, california highway patrol, las vegas, local, jessica peres
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall