Fresno begins cleaning out homeless encampments
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- City of Fresno crews are cleaning out a large homeless encampment in Downtown Fresno near the Poverello House.
The efforts began around 7 a.m. Monday at the camp near Santa Ana and F streets. City leaders say the encampments pose a number of health and safety issues.
Crews plan to finish clearing the area near the Poverello House over the next few days. The effort will continue next month at Los Angeles and E streets, and then an area near H Street and Santa Clara.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, homeless, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 55 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 1 min ago
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo