Police say Porterville man shot to death after attending a gang party
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 31-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Porterville Sunday morning.
Police officers were called to the 200 block of East Presidio around 2 a.m. Sunday regarding a person who was shot. When officers arrived they found a man lying in the roadway with multiple gunshot wounds. Police say several people and vehicles were seen leaving the area. Investigators say it appears the incident stemmed from an earlier gang party that started in another city.
The victim was taken to Sierra View District Hospital where he later died.
Tune into Action News Live at 6 p.m. and abc30.com for any developments.
porterville, shooting, gang, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos