Firebaugh gas leak prompts HWY 33 closure
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A gas leak was capped in the Fresno County town of Firebaugh.
Police and the California Highway Patrol say Highway 33 was blocked from Bullard to Morris Kyle Drive while the repair was made.
Firebaugh police say a tractor was disking a field, and clipped a main pressure gas line in the area at about 10:30 Thursday morning.
The high school, which is about a quarter mile away, was put on lockdown for a short time.
firebaugh, fresno county, gas line, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County 20 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 33 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze 44 min ago
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos