Firebaugh gas leak prompts HWY 33 closure
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A gas leak was capped in the Fresno County town of Firebaugh.
Police and the California Highway Patrol say Highway 33 was blocked from Bullard to Morris Kyle Drive while the repair was made.
Firebaugh police say a tractor was disking a field, and clipped a main pressure gas line in the area at about 10:30 Thursday morning.
The high school, which is about a quarter mile away, was put on lockdown for a short time.
firebaugh, fresno county, gas line, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 4 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
18 min ago