Man killed in Southwest Fresno drive-by shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are looking for the person who shot a man to death in Southwest Fresno late Thursday night.
The shooting happened just after 11 p.m. at a home on Eunice near Reverend Chester Riggans Avenue. Officers said the victim was outside a home when a light colored vehicle drove up and someone inside the car opened fire. Detectives said the vehicle then sped off.
The victim's friends put him into an SUV and tried to get to a hospital, but they were pulled over by police near Ventura and F Street. Officers said they immediately began CPR efforts until they were relieved by medical personnel.
The 29-year-old victim was rushed to a hospital, but did not survive. Investigators have not released his identity. So far no arrests have been made. Detectives said they believe the shooting was gang related.
Authorities said this is the 29th murder in Fresno this year. At this time last year there were 37 murders.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, shooting, crimetracker, murder, homicide, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers? 48 min ago