Valley gas prices could impact holiday travel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It seems more Americans are in the mood to travel for Labor Day this year, but here in the Valley gas prices are playing a role in that decision.
AAA says 34 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles over the holiday weekend, which is a 4.2 percent jump over last year. It is the highest number since before the recession in late 2007.
In an exclusive Action News poll conducted by Survey USA we asked valley residents if the price of gas is affecting their decision to travel. The results showed that 43 percent say it was a major factor, 28 percent say it was at least a minor factor while 29 percent say it wasn't a factor at all.
Across the Valley gas prices are averaging about $3.77 over the holiday weekend.
central valley, fresno, merced, visalia, gas prices, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 58 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest 46 min ago
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Freeze impacts Valley tropical fruit harvest
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos