Valley gas prices could impact holiday travel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It seems more Americans are in the mood to travel for Labor Day this year, but here in the Valley gas prices are playing a role in that decision.
AAA says 34 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles over the holiday weekend, which is a 4.2 percent jump over last year. It is the highest number since before the recession in late 2007.
In an exclusive Action News poll conducted by Survey USA we asked valley residents if the price of gas is affecting their decision to travel. The results showed that 43 percent say it was a major factor, 28 percent say it was at least a minor factor while 29 percent say it wasn't a factor at all.
Across the Valley gas prices are averaging about $3.77 over the holiday weekend.
central valley, fresno, merced, visalia, gas prices, local
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 5 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 23 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death 55 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
23 min ago