Valley gas prices could impact holiday travel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It seems more Americans are in the mood to travel for Labor Day this year, but here in the Valley gas prices are playing a role in that decision.
AAA says 34 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles over the holiday weekend, which is a 4.2 percent jump over last year. It is the highest number since before the recession in late 2007.
In an exclusive Action News poll conducted by Survey USA we asked valley residents if the price of gas is affecting their decision to travel. The results showed that 43 percent say it was a major factor, 28 percent say it was at least a minor factor while 29 percent say it wasn't a factor at all.
Across the Valley gas prices are averaging about $3.77 over the holiday weekend.
central valley, fresno, merced, visalia, gas prices, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos