Madera school board approves contract
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera school board approved a new employment contract for teachers.
The vote was 6-1, in favor, with trustee Garibay voting no. Earlier this week, the Madera Unified Teachers Association outlined a tentative agreement between the union and the district.
For more than a year teachers have pushed for improved benefits. The new contract would give them a two percent pay raise. The district is also offering medical coverage on a sliding scale of three percent annually.
The county now has to give the final approval.
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 51 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 5 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting...
59 min ago