Madera school board approves contract
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Madera school board approved a new employment contract for teachers.
The vote was 6-1, in favor, with trustee Garibay voting no. Earlier this week, the Madera Unified Teachers Association outlined a tentative agreement between the union and the district.
For more than a year teachers have pushed for improved benefits. The new contract would give them a two percent pay raise. The district is also offering medical coverage on a sliding scale of three percent annually.
The county now has to give the final approval.
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 11 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'