Rim Fire: Possible Illegal Marijuana Grow Sparks Fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We have new insight into what may have started the massive Rim Fire. YouTube video has surfaced of the fire chief of Twain Harte at a recent community meeting where he tells the audience the fire was definitely caused by humans.
"We know it's human caused," said Fire Chief Todd McNeal. "There was no lightning in the area. But we don't know the exact cause. Highly suspect that there might have been some sort of illicit grove, a marijuana-grow-type thing."
We contacted the United States Forest Service and showed them the fire chief's comment. The only official response they would release at this time is the Rim Fire cause is still under investigation.
widlfire, fire, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather