Thieves target Arte Americas in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Wrought iron security cages have been placed over brass and copper pipes at Arte Americas. They were installed to prevent thieves from stealing the pipes again.
A brass pipe taken last week cut off water to the restrooms. A day later, a copper pipe was taken from the air conditioning unit. The damages prompted the museum to close for two and a half days for repairs.
"The cost of the metal that the people made away with in all three incidents might add up to a little less than a hundred dollars," said Frank Delgado. "But, the total cost in repairs and to build the protective cage is about $3,500.00."
Since the nonprofit already operates on a tight budget, the executive director says Arte Americas will have to use money from an upcoming performance to help cover repair costs. But, an anonymous donor pitched in $1,000.00 to help.
local, sontaya rose
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos