Valley Animal Center holds Super Adoption event
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- This weekend, more than a dozen rescue organizations are coming together for the biggest animal adoption of the year.
This Saturday, a Super Adoption will be held at the Valley Animal Center.
"So approximately 60 to 70,000 animals are put down each year at Valley animal shelters due to a lack of space," explained Rosie Davenport. "So it's really, really important for people to know how many animals they can save by just taking one into their home."
This Saturday, those looking to add a furry friend to their home can meet cats and dogs from across the Valley under one roof.
About 20 rescue organizations from Kings to Madera counties are involved with the Super Adoption. But this weekend is also about having fun with the pets you already have.
One of the big events going on Saturday at the Valley Animal Center is the grand opening of the dog park.
The 1.5 acre park for dogs comes with a 20,000 gallon dog swimming pool. Something these dogs were already loving.
Davenport said, "It took a while because we are a nonprofit, but finally we are able to open the doors and we're so excited to have this dog park for the community."
The park is complete with a fenced area for dogs to run and play fetch, as well as an area for smaller breeds.
The facility is open to the public and is $25.00 for a year's membership.
So whether it's the park or the pooches, rescue advocates hope residents will come out and support their cause to help animals in the Valley.
The Super Adoption event is this Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm at the Valley Animal Center.
Valley Animal Center (3934 N Hayston Ave Fresno 93726)
Saturday, September 7th
10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Dr. James W. Thornton Dog Park Grand Opening
animal, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local, amanda venegas
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe