3 injured in Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are searching for suspects in the shooting that sent three people to the hospital. The gunfire started just after 3:30 a.m. on Sunday morning outside an apartment complex near Pontiac and Effie.
About a dozen orange cones marked the exact places where bullet casings landed early Sunday morning. The rapid gunfire wounded three people and sent petrified neighbors looking for cover.
"I didn't get up to look up to look because bullets don't have no eyes," said Dorothy Wyatt.
Police believe the shooting happened in the courtyard of this apartment complex during a large party. They spent the morning after going door to door looking for evidence. All three gunshot victims were taken to the hospital and one was in critical condition.
"It's terrible, it's terrible," said Jose Hernandez who is worried about the escalation of gang violence in his neighborhood.
Detectives say the shooting was gang related. Anyone with any information is asked to call police.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified