Water turned off in the City of Dos Palos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Residents in the City of Dos Palos and some surrounding county areas had no water Saturday night.
The city first sent out an alert around 5:45 p.m. Saturday evening saying Dos Palos is experiencing peak water usage, and asked residents to use only necessary amounts of water.
A second advisory came about two hours later saying the water was turned off for repairs to the system. Not everyone is signed up for those alerts though, and many were caught off guard when their water stopped flowing.
A third update said the water treatment facility had to undergo emergency maintenance because of over-use, but again crews are hopeful they can restore water in the next couple hours.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com any updates.
dos palos, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather