Water turned off in the City of Dos Palos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Residents in the City of Dos Palos and some surrounding county areas had no water Saturday night.
The city first sent out an alert around 5:45 p.m. Saturday evening saying Dos Palos is experiencing peak water usage, and asked residents to use only necessary amounts of water.
A second advisory came about two hours later saying the water was turned off for repairs to the system. Not everyone is signed up for those alerts though, and many were caught off guard when their water stopped flowing.
A third update said the water treatment facility had to undergo emergency maintenance because of over-use, but again crews are hopeful they can restore water in the next couple hours.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com any updates.
dos palos, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 18 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"