Fresno apartment fire displaces several families
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire crews are looking into the cause of an apartment fire in East Central Fresno. The fire broke out in the area of Olive and Villa and displaced several families.
Investigators say the fire started in an upstairs unit of the apartment complex at around 2 p.m. Thursday. Twenty-five people and seven families including 13 kids have been displaced but that number could keep going up.
A woman who lives at the apartment complex was standing outside when she saw flames and called fire in. When firefighters arrived they described a large fire that put 16 units at risk damaged four. Fire fighters say the fire was challenging because it had the potential of spreading very quickly.
"They share a wall and there is a common attic space and our greatest concern was fire spreading to the adjacent units," Koby Johns from the Fresno Fire Department said.
Firefighters say they were able to rescue one dog from the fire.
local, mariana jacob
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 55 min ago
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 36 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 22 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 5 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals