Fresno apartment fire displaces several families
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire crews are looking into the cause of an apartment fire in East Central Fresno. The fire broke out in the area of Olive and Villa and displaced several families.
Investigators say the fire started in an upstairs unit of the apartment complex at around 2 p.m. Thursday. Twenty-five people and seven families including 13 kids have been displaced but that number could keep going up.
A woman who lives at the apartment complex was standing outside when she saw flames and called fire in. When firefighters arrived they described a large fire that put 16 units at risk damaged four. Fire fighters say the fire was challenging because it had the potential of spreading very quickly.
"They share a wall and there is a common attic space and our greatest concern was fire spreading to the adjacent units," Koby Johns from the Fresno Fire Department said.
Firefighters say they were able to rescue one dog from the fire.
local, mariana jacob
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 20 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel 40 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 49 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin