Fresno apartment fire displaces several families
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire crews are looking into the cause of an apartment fire in East Central Fresno. The fire broke out in the area of Olive and Villa and displaced several families.
Investigators say the fire started in an upstairs unit of the apartment complex at around 2 p.m. Thursday. Twenty-five people and seven families including 13 kids have been displaced but that number could keep going up.
A woman who lives at the apartment complex was standing outside when she saw flames and called fire in. When firefighters arrived they described a large fire that put 16 units at risk damaged four. Fire fighters say the fire was challenging because it had the potential of spreading very quickly.
"They share a wall and there is a common attic space and our greatest concern was fire spreading to the adjacent units," Koby Johns from the Fresno Fire Department said.
Firefighters say they were able to rescue one dog from the fire.
local, mariana jacob
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 13 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested 10 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up