Fresno Blackbeard's puts on $5,000 diamond and gold treasure hunt
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Blackbeard's is a place of fun and some local residents are getting in touch with their inner pirate with a real life treasure hunt.
"At first it was a little bit of disbelief. How could you be burying $5,000 in diamond and gold, but that's absolutely what we've done in a treasure chest," Peter DeYoung, Blackbeard's Spokesman said.
Peter De Young says somewhere in Fresno County is a chest filled with treasures. Clues are given out each week. But recently a few treasure hunters may have gotten a little off course. The county says people were digging at Lost Lake Park.
Small holes were found on a trail at the park DeYoung says that's a problem because digging is against ordinance.
"It's not buried any city or public park. And it's not buried on public park. I would encourage people if they are going to dig, replace your divots," DeYoung said.
Some game goers were lead to the park because of a couple of clues made it sound like treasure might be buried there. Contest organizers say the treasure hunt will probably go on for the next two weeks. Contest officials say the treasure is not buried at Blackbeard's and X will not mark the spot.
fresno, fresno county, local, amanda venegas
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos