Selma police look for shooting suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are searching for suspects following a shooting that sent a woman to the hospital. Police discovered the victim after she checked into Selma hospital.
The woman was shot near Nebraska and Mitchell before 11 p.m. Friday night. Officers say a white car drove into the neighborhood, fired a gun and then drove away. No one witnessed the shooting and no one reported hearing gunshots in the area. But Selma police say they are still searching for the car and the suspect.
"Very unique situation typically neighbor will call in this instance there was no call for service," Sgt. Rudy Alcaraz with the Selma Police Department said.
The victim is recovering and police say she is expected to be okay.
selma, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs 4 min ago
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Fallout from Target's data breach 46 min ago
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago