Selma police look for shooting suspects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are searching for suspects following a shooting that sent a woman to the hospital. Police discovered the victim after she checked into Selma hospital.
The woman was shot near Nebraska and Mitchell before 11 p.m. Friday night. Officers say a white car drove into the neighborhood, fired a gun and then drove away. No one witnessed the shooting and no one reported hearing gunshots in the area. But Selma police say they are still searching for the car and the suspect.
"Very unique situation typically neighbor will call in this instance there was no call for service," Sgt. Rudy Alcaraz with the Selma Police Department said.
The victim is recovering and police say she is expected to be okay.
selma, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe