Police say suspect kills himself after shooting two in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Neighbors are sharing new details about the victims of a double-homicide in Southeast Fresno. Fresno police say they are investigating why the suspect murdered a man and a woman and then killed himself.
Police say one shooting happened near Alta and Pierce, and the other took place in an apartment complex near Montecito and Pierce.
Sounds of gunfire and images of violence haunt many in the Southeast Fresno apartment complex where the shooting occurred.
"I just feel traumatized because I seen it all. It just keeps flashing in my head," witness Jennifer Vasquez said.
Vasquez lives directly above the person who police say is responsible for killing two people. Vasquez was standing outside her unit just after 7 p.m. Friday when she saw the shooter walk upstairs.
"He knocked on the door and victim answered the door, he said something to him and he just shot him," Vasquez said. "I took off running to these next apartments over here and I just ran inside because he just turned around and he saw I saw him shoot him."
The Fresno County Coroner's Office says 22-year-old Jerome Dixon was shot twice and died after the attack. Neighbors remember him as an outgoing and friendly man who tried hard to provide for his toddler and newborn baby.
"He was a hardworking guy; I would see him all the time coming back from work. Car full of groceries, take them upstairs. The victim was a really good guy," Vasquez said.
Investigators say earlier Friday night the suspect shot and killed his child's mother only a block away from where he shot Dixon. The woman was identified as 38-year-old Cynthia Watkins. The coroner's office says 50-year-old Anthony Jackson took his own life after the killings.
Police are searching for a motive but they believe Jackson had a history of mental issues.
fresno, fresno southeast, murder-suicide, crimetracker, local, mariana jacob
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety