Fatal officer-involved shooting in the Tulare County town of Ivanhoe
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fatal officer-involved shooting involving a Tulare County Sheriff is under investigation. It happened around 7:30 Friday night in the city of Ivanhoe, near Avenue 332 and Road 156.
According to Visalia police, who is investigating the incident, a man wanted for attempted homicide threw an aluminum can at a deputy and ran away.
The deputy chased the suspect down, that's when the suspect pulled out a gun and fired a shot at the deputy, but missed. The deputy returned fire, hitting the man and killing him.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, tulare county, ivanhoe, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos