Fatal officer-involved shooting in the Tulare County town of Ivanhoe
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fatal officer-involved shooting involving a Tulare County Sheriff is under investigation. It happened around 7:30 Friday night in the city of Ivanhoe, near Avenue 332 and Road 156.
According to Visalia police, who is investigating the incident, a man wanted for attempted homicide threw an aluminum can at a deputy and ran away.
The deputy chased the suspect down, that's when the suspect pulled out a gun and fired a shot at the deputy, but missed. The deputy returned fire, hitting the man and killing him.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, tulare county, ivanhoe, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos