Fatal officer-involved shooting in the Tulare County town of Ivanhoe
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fatal officer-involved shooting involving a Tulare County Sheriff is under investigation. It happened around 7:30 Friday night in the city of Ivanhoe, near Avenue 332 and Road 156.
According to Visalia police, who is investigating the incident, a man wanted for attempted homicide threw an aluminum can at a deputy and ran away.
The deputy chased the suspect down, that's when the suspect pulled out a gun and fired a shot at the deputy, but missed. The deputy returned fire, hitting the man and killing him.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, tulare county, ivanhoe, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe