Large gang fight in Ivanhoe ends in gunfire
INVANHOE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators in Tulare County town Ivanhoe of are noticing a new trend in gang violence.
Ivanhoe was the scene of a violent gang fight on Wednesday. But it wasn't between rival gangs. It stemmed from a conflict between two different cliques within the same gang.
Deputies say several people got out of a white Jeep Grand Cherokee and attacked two teenagers. The fist fight ultimately ended with gun fire. Two people were shot.
Deputies say fighting between different groups within a gang is becoming more common.
Sgt. Chris Douglass explained, "Over the past few years with that gang injunction in place not being able to have large groups in one area really helped us but we are still seeing some graffiti, we are still seeing some of the cliques fighting amongst each other even though they are still under the same umbrella of one particular type of gang."
Deputies are still looking for several more suspects who they believe were involved in the shooting.
crimetracker, shooting, ivanhoe, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy