Large gang fight in Ivanhoe ends in gunfire
INVANHOE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators in Tulare County town Ivanhoe of are noticing a new trend in gang violence.
Ivanhoe was the scene of a violent gang fight on Wednesday. But it wasn't between rival gangs. It stemmed from a conflict between two different cliques within the same gang.
Deputies say several people got out of a white Jeep Grand Cherokee and attacked two teenagers. The fist fight ultimately ended with gun fire. Two people were shot.
Deputies say fighting between different groups within a gang is becoming more common.
Sgt. Chris Douglass explained, "Over the past few years with that gang injunction in place not being able to have large groups in one area really helped us but we are still seeing some graffiti, we are still seeing some of the cliques fighting amongst each other even though they are still under the same umbrella of one particular type of gang."
Deputies are still looking for several more suspects who they believe were involved in the shooting.
crimetracker, shooting, ivanhoe, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe