Fire destroys Selma home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Selma home was completely destroyed and the three men living there only made it out because the embers started falling on them while they were sleeping.
Selma firefighters said the men were woken up by feeling hot embers fall on their face. The men managed to get out of the house and call for help. The fire started around 10 p.m. Friday near Tulare and C Street in Selma.
"No smoke detectors in the home one of gentleman who lives here said they were asleep and he felt something hot land on his face and he saw fire above his head," Mike Kain from the Selma Fire Department said.
The men living in the house are staying with family in the area. No word yet on the cause of the fire, except that it started in the attic of the home. The loss is estimated at $200,000.
selma, fire, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos