One dead and five injured in Auberry crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One man is dead, and five people are injured after a motorcycle collided head-on with a car. The fatal crash happened around 2:30 p.m. on Sunday in Fresno County. The accident shut down Auberry Road near Copper Road for more than an hour.
The CHP opened Auberry Road around 4:00 p.m. The Fresno County Coroner said the man killed in the crash was 31-year-old Paul Web from Hanford. Investigators say there were two motorcycles headed North on Auberry Road one car was headed south when one of the motorcycles drifted into the oncoming cars lane.
"The reason he drifted over to the other side is unknown reasons at this point. We're still investigating that," CHP Sgt. Gill Peirsol said.
One of the motorcycles caught on fire and firefighters quickly put it out.
"In these types of crashes, it's hard to too hard to say exactly what causes it but definitely it was on fire," Peirsol said.
CHP said each motorcycle was carrying a female passenger. The driver of the motorcycle that hit the car was killed on scene. His passenger received serious injuries and was airlifted to the hospital. The two people that were in the car were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The other motorcycle slid after the crash the driver and passenger both were taken to the hospital.
"At this point we don't believe speed played a factor, it just bears repeating to pay attention to what you're doing because even moment's inattention can have disastrous results," Peirsol said.
CHP says all riders on the motorcycles were wearing helmets.
fresno county, auberry, local, anthony pura
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos