Woman drives wrong way into construction zone in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis police say a woman drove through a construction barrier and ran into an excavator.
Just before midnight, officers say the woman drove through a closed off construction zone on Nees Avenue near Peach. Although westbound lanes are closed, police say that's where she drove for about a half a mile.
The ended up hitting an excavator, her car was badly damaged and firefighters had to use special tools to remove her from the car. She appeared to be conscious when she was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center. Police say the crash may be alcohol related but the investigation is ongoing.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 10 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies