Tulare County deputy shoots man who tried to flee
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County deputies opened fire on a suspect Saturday night after responding to a suspicious vehicle call. While a deputy stood on the running board of the man's car, officials say the suspect started to drive away. The suspect was shot in the leg and arrested Sunday morning.
The Tulare County Sheriff said they received a 911 call about a suspicious car parked on the side of Road 44 and Avenue 368 near Traver. A deputy approached the car and started talking to the suspect, 33-year-old Jaime Velasquez, when he started driving away.
The deputy fired one round at Velasquez, hitting him in the leg. The suspect was treated, released and arrested. Velasquez has a warrant out of Fresno County.
officer involved shooting, tulare county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos