Cross City Race now called Zoo Zoom
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The former Cross City Race is back, but this year it's called the Zoo Zoom, and race participants will find themselves inside the Fresno Chaffee Zoo.
A number of new twists are coming to the popular race Fresnans have known for more than 30 years as the Cross City Race. The annual fundraising run/walk will start and finish at a new venue -- the Fresno Chaffee Zoo at Roeding Park, on Sunday, October 6th.
Fitting with its new location, the event has a new name, the "Saint Agnes Men's Club Zoo Zoom" presented by Me-N-Ed's Pizzeria.
Proceeds benefit Saint Agnes Men's Club fundraising efforts for sAint Agnes Medical Center, including women and infant services, Saint Agnes Holy Cross Center for Women, and Saint Agnes Cancer Center.
The zoo zoom race is this Sunday, October 6th. Events include a 5k run/walk at 7 a.m. And a ¾-mile kids fun run (ages 4-10) at 8:30 a.m.
Entry fees are $30 for adults and $15 for kids (ages 12 and under), which includes entrance into the Fresno Chaffee Zoo.
fresno, fresno county, fresno central, clovis, local, amanda venegas
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 26 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
29 min ago
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
8 min ago