Victory for cheerleader with Down Syndrome
DEER PARK, TX -- Updating a story that brought a big reaction from our viewers -- a teenager with Down Syndrome will take the field with her squad.
The mother of Brittany Davila, 16, says her daughter is being allowed to cheer with her squad. Deer Park ISD is allowing Davila to cheer after initially saying she was a liability.
Davila will cheer at the Deer Park High freshmen football game Thursday, but will have to stand in a safe area during squad stunts.
Buffy Davila told Eyewitness News, "I'm glad we got this cleared up. Everybody is happy now."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
deer park, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos