Victory for cheerleader with Down Syndrome
DEER PARK, TX -- Updating a story that brought a big reaction from our viewers -- a teenager with Down Syndrome will take the field with her squad.
The mother of Brittany Davila, 16, says her daughter is being allowed to cheer with her squad. Deer Park ISD is allowing Davila to cheer after initially saying she was a liability.
Davila will cheer at the Deer Park High freshmen football game Thursday, but will have to stand in a safe area during squad stunts.
Buffy Davila told Eyewitness News, "I'm glad we got this cleared up. Everybody is happy now."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
deer park, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 54 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 33 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 49 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
37 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos