Boy injured in alleged road rage wreck that killed mother also dies
HOUSTON -- A toddler boy who was injured in an alleged road rage crash Sunday in east Harris County has died. It was a wreck that had already claimed the life of his mother.
The family's pastor, Andy Knowell from Atascocita Methodist Church, tells Eyewitness News the 2-year-old died Monday evening in the hospital.
The boy and his mother were involved in a crash Sunday morning on FM 1942 near Garth. According to authorities, a man in a pickup truck was trying to run his wife's vehicle off of the road when he crashed into the victims' silver sedan.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the pickup driver's wife said he was trying to force her off of the road because of a dispute between them.
Charges against the pickup driver are still pending.
Knowell says the boy's father is having a tough time but is thanking everyone for their thoughts and concerns.
No names have been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago