Officials release details of injuries suffered by HFD firefighters killed in motel fire
HOUSTON -- We're learning more about how four Houston fire fighters died in that deadly motel fire back in May, and these are some tough details to share.
The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences says the manner of all four deaths remains "undetermined," but it's still unclear how that fire at the Southwest Inn started.
But here's what we've learned: Investigators say Robert Garner and Anne Sullivan died after being pinned under something and became unable to breathe. They say Garner also had head trauma.
Matthew Renaud and Robert Bebee both died from breathing in smoke. Bebee also suffered severe burns.
Investigators say it could be April 2014 before we learn the exact cause of the fire itself.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, ilona carson
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor