Huffman ISD school bus involved in accident in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON -- A school bus driver was pinned briefly after the bus he was driving ran off the road and into a ditch.
The accident happened around 6:30am on FM 2100 at Indian Shores.
Authorities say the Huffman ISD bus driver was getting complaints about the air conditioning. When he reached down to adjust it, the front tire of the bus dropped into a ditch. The driver lost control and the bus hit a tree.
Crews worked quickly to remove the driver, who was pinned in the wreckage. He was walking around at the scene but was transported by ambulance to Kingwood Hospital to be checked out.
According to the school district, there were about 20 kids on the bus at the time of the accident, some of them attending Huffman Middle School and Hargrave High School.
We're told witnesses helped the students out of the back of the bus to the emergency exit. No students were injured. They were released to their parents.
Deputies investigating the wreck, say they are looking into how fast the bus was traveling at the time of this accident.
FM 2100 was blocked in both directions for several hours due to the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals